Sunday 7 March 2010

Recipe of the Week - Chocolate Stout and Baileys Chocolate Cake.

Did anyone not watch Masterchef when it was on? I loved it! I bought the masterchef cookbook for my brother because he wanted to make the Beerimisu that Chris made in one of the episodes.
We ended up making it for Christmas dessert.. I think we might have made it wrong, because we just weren't that blown away with it? If anyone else has made it, tell me what you thought...

Anyway... because of this we had 3 bottles of chocolate stout left over. Plus 2 bottles of baileys in the cupboard (completely unrelated to the beeramisu). So I thought I would make something that would be suitable for St Patrick's Day.. You can find the printable recipe here.

You Will Need..
Grease and line 2 cake tins. (I used 22 cm round ones. You can use anything you want.)
Place the cocoa, butter and stout in a saucepan on the stove.
Stir until butter is completely melted. Leave to cool down a little.
In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and the sugar and mix together.
Add the baileys and the 2 eggs and mix together thoroughly.
Add the chocolate mixture and mix until there are no more lumps. (You can use your mixer if you want to. But I never do with this cake.)
Pour mixture into your tins and place in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Until a skewer inserted in comes out clean.
When cakes are cooked, sandwich together to a layer of baileys buttercream.
Just make your favourite buttercream recipe, adding 2 tablespoons Baileys.
Enjoy!
I used a different memory card when I took pictures of the finished cake and am unable to locate it.. Once I have found it, I will update with pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment