Wednesday 1 January 2014

It's been a sweet year - 2013

I didn't do much posting on my blog in 2013.. Something that I'm definitely going to make time for in 2014. Even though I wasn't blogging, I was baking and busily growing the Sweetly Baked Perth name. Here's some highlights from our SWEET 2013!

In January I was on holiday in North America - eating my way through various cupcakeries and enjoying the snow that seems unnatural to us in December and January.
Outside Magnolia Bakery - NYC.
In February we made these gluten free and dairy free brownies for Valentine's Day and almost ate the entire pan in one sitting. Paired with dairy free chocolate coconut ice-cream, they were magical. 
Gluten Free & Dairy Free Chocolate Brownies.
March saw Sweetly Baked attend the Perth Home Grown market for the first time as part of Eat Drink Perth and also give away an Easter Picnic Basket to one lucky customer!
Perth Home Grown Market - March 2013.
In April I turned 25, as did another friend - for who I made these One Direction cookies and mini cupcakes. Sweetly Baked also attended their first 3in1 market, which was incredibly exhausting, yet rewarding and a learning curve for future 2 day markets.
One Direction Sugar Cookies.
Mini Vanilla Birthday Cupcakes.
In May we supported an event hosted by Bird on a Wire by creating these cute teapot and teacup cookies for their Fashion High Tea Fundraiser. We also made these adorable pink rose mini cupcakes for one of our favourite customers. 
Bird on a Wire Fashion High Tea Fundraiser Cookies.
Mini Vanilla Pink Rose Cupcakes.
In June I moved in with my boyfriend - which was both incredibly scary and exciting at once and I finished Uni and had my final exams! Sweetly Baked attended our first Marketgirl market, which was a lot of fun!!
Marketgirl Market - June 2013.
In July I made my first sponge cake.. and it turned out!
Sponge Cake.
Sweetly Baked went back to the 3in1 Markets in August, and we introduced the cupcake kebab to our range of market products. They were a huge hit! My dad turned 60 and we had an enjoyable lunch at Little Creatures to celebrate. And to top of a very fun and exciting month, one of my best friends got engaged!!!
Sweetly Baked Cupcake Kebabs.

I graduated from Uni in September and also started attending the Fremantle Markets on a fortnightly basis. 
Sweetly Baked Stall at the Fremantle Markets.
Fremantle Dockers Themed Sugar Cookies.
Michael turned 30 in October and we celebrated with an Oktoberfest themed party. My step-dad turned 60 and we celebrated with dinner at the Witch's Cauldron.
I also started selling cupcakes to the Beaufort Street Merchant. 
30th Birthday Oktoberfest Themed Sugar Cookies.
Sweetly Baked Perth Cupcakes for the Beaufort Street Merchant.
Sweetly Baked Perth Cupcakes for the Beaufort Street Merchant.
Book themed cake for a 60th Birthday.
In November we attended the Beaufort Street Festival, which was crazy, exciting and lots of fun! We also exhibited at the first ever Perth Confetti Fair and met some wonderfully talented and friendly people. 
Sweetly Baked at Beaufort Street Festival.
Naked Cake display at Confetti Fair - November 2013.
Cupcake Display at Confetti Fair - November 2013.
Sweetly Baked Perth at Confetti Fair - November 2013.
In December Sweetly Baked was at the Light Up Leederville Carnival, where our cupcake kebabs proved to be very popular. We also made these cute Alice in Wonderland themed cupcakes and found ourselves back at the Perth Home Grown markets - where we'll be every fortnight in 2014. 
Sweetly Baked Perth at Light Up Leederville Carnival.
Sweetly Baked Cupcake Kebabs at Light Up Leederville Carnival.
Alice in Wonderland Cupcakes.
Sweetly Baked Perth at Perth Home Grown Markets.
Sweetly Baked Perth at Perth Home Grown Markets.
Overall we had an exciting and rewarding 2013 and I can't wait for new and exciting adventures in 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment