Tuesday 2 May 2017

Bits & Sprinkles

  • It was my birthday on Saturday. It's my golden year! (Where you turn the age that your birth-date is. So I turned 29 on the 29th). I was super spoilt by all my friends and family and had a great weekend!!
  • I remember when I was younger, I think maybe 10 or 11, a friend of my aunty told me that the best year of her life was the year she turned 29. She would be close to 70 now, and I wonder if the year she turned 29 is still her best year.
    I don't know why I've remembered that all these years, but maybe part of me has been waiting until I turned 29, to see if this will be my best year too.
     
  • Here's a recipe for strawberry and lime marmalade cake. Make it, it's delicious.
  • I had the most delicious vegan mushroom pie from Kat's Snacks on Saturday. If you're looking for a pie fix, this is the place to go.
  • My book "I'm just here for dessert" from Nectar and Stone arrived on Friday. It's the most beautiful book in the world. Caroline has filled it with the best baking tips and the most beautiful pictures. 
  • I also gave away some cupcakes to other people who shared a birthday with me!
  • All these pink things! I've just heard that Millenial Pink is a thing.. who knew!
  • Currently can't stop watching all of the videos that Sweet Layers puts up.
  • The Perth Royal Show Competition Entries are now open, and I don't know what categories I should enter this year!! I got some great feedback from the judging last year, and I really want to try and improve on what I did. I also want to up my 2nd place to a 1st place for the carrot cake. 
  • Pretty Little Liars is back for it's final season.. I really don't know how I've stuck it out this far, but I can't give up now that it's almost finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment